Resuming business operations? Here’s a checklist of canned responses you might want to add to your Freshdesk
The COVID -19 pandemic has overstretched customer support teams across all industries. Many organizations faced a massive influx of customer requests for help, and in most cases, they were not resourced to respond appropriately. Now more than ever businesses need a customer engagement platform that enables their customer support teams to do more with less.
One tactic to drive agent productivity and faster average handling time (AHT) is to use canned responses. Canned responses are pre-written snippets of text that agents can call up quickly to manage communication with customers. Canned responses can be written and managed by managers and deployed to agents for consistency, and to help manage repetitive questions that tend to come up. Things like, “how do I cancel my order?”, “what’s your return policy?”, or, “how can I change my delivery address?”. They help drive consistency when managing a remote workforce. Canned responses also save agents time and improve productivity.
The Freshworks team has created a cheat sheet of canned responses for customer support inquiries you may commonly face when resuming business operations after a COVID lockdown. Simply add them to your Freshdesk and speed up your response time.
Are we resuming business – Our company remains operational with appropriate measures implemented to ensure the health of the community.
- When will we resume business (Variant 1) – We are gearing up our operations to resume our business. However, working with limited resources has delayed us from bouncing back to our full operational capacity. You can read about the specifics of the services we currently offer [here].
- When will we resume business (Variant 2) – We are glad to announce that we will be resuming operations from [date]. However, as we will be working with limited resources and a large backlog, our services might take longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
- Are we taking orders – We are glad to announce that we have started taking orders starting [date]. We are working round the clock with suppliers to stock up products that we know our customers would need. Here’s a [list] of items we deliver at the moment.
- Book appointments – We are happy to announce that we have resumed selective/ all services with government-defined protocols. You can check the list of services we currently offer [here]
- Are we shipping now – We have now started shipping to selected areas marked by the government as non-containment areas. You can check if your region comes under restricted areas or not [here]
Status of orders/services
- Status of booked appointments – We are gearing up our operations to resume business. However, working with limited resources has delayed us from bouncing back to our full operational capacity. You can check the status of your appointment [here].
- Status of shipped items – We are resuming operations following government-mandated protocols and limited resources. Hence, it may take longer for your orders to get delivered than usual. We appreciate your patience in this regard.
- Refund status – Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are witnessing a high influx of refund requests. We’re also operating with very limited resources. Hence, there may be a delay in processing your refund request. You can check the status of your refund [here]
- Delivery in my region – We are happy to announce that we have resumed delivery with government-defined protocols. You can check if your region comes under restricted areas or not [here]
- What safety precautions do your service providers take: Our agents are mandated to follow WHO-recommended safety and social distancing guidelines. To know the steps taken by our organization in making your delivery experience safe, [ here]
Responses for educational institutions
- Online classes sign up – To ensure the safety and health of our students and staff members, we will continue to deliver our classes remotely. You can sign up for our summer/fall classes by filling up this <form>
- Admissions – Admissions for year 2020 is [open]. However, many complexities and uncertainties remain. To make sure our students and staff members remain safe, we do not plan to resume normal working hours until there’s an official announcement from the government. Until then, we will operate remotely and resume this academic year online.
You can use these canned responses as is or tweak them up for your requirements. Also, make sure you periodically review the responses and update them accordingly.
In addition, here are some tips to manage canned responses effectively:
- Create a dedicated folder of canned responses for questions centered around COVID – 19. This way, you will be prompt with your replies and not waste time browsing through the whole list of responses every single time.
- Make use of Freshdesk quick actions and add your canned responses using keyboard shortcuts (using /c).
- Use dynamic placeholders to make your responses more personalized for everything from the requestor’s name to a public or private note left on a ticket. You can check out the detailed list of placeholders Freshdesk provides here.
To help businesses across the world adapt to the new normal, Freshdesk is coming up with a series of product hacks that you can make use of in your Freshdesk and make customer support easy-flowing. Follow this series to get more such updates.
We are also mindful of how businesses are reinventing themselves to accommodate their business needs in the post-pandemic world. Check out how the Freshdesk Omnichannel can help make your operations successful while functioning remotely.