Happy birthday, Freshdesk!
Freshdesk turns five today. And what a ride it’s been!
Feels like it was just yesterday that I was on Hacker News, and wondering if I should take up this opportunity…
A lot of amazing things have happened since. We have two products now – Freshdesk and Freshservice. Freshdesk helps over 50,000 businesses better support their customers and Freshservice is rapidly catching up to that number. We’ve raised 94 million dollars in funding and we have four offices worldwide (San Francisco, London, Sydney and Chennai). We’ve also acquired two companies – 1CLICK and Frilp in the last few months.
It looks like our overnight success has taken five years 🙂
I would like to stop at this moment and thank all of the Freshdesk employees who’ve been with us through the years, who believed in what we set out to do, and made everything possible. I also want to extend my gratitude to our customers, our investors, our reseller partners, our friends and all of our well wishers who continue to support us in our journey.
Here’s a sneak peek into some of the things we’re working on:
- Freshservice, our IT helpdesk, continues its efforts to be the most simple, efficient and affordable IT helpdesk companies are switching to, and I expect them to grow bigger as we expand. We have a host of exciting updates in store for our IT managers in the next few months.
- We’re working hard to expand our channels’ capabilities. With our recent acquisition of 1CLICK, we’re working on helping our customers provide better real-time support through video-chat, screen sharing and co-browsing.
- With the acquisition of Frilp, we look to make our communities smarter and take customer support into the future. With smart communities, users will be able get help from the right experts, without having to make connections manually.
- We’re expanding our reseller program to include new countries and a certification program. The program will let our resellers become premium resellers and identify themselves as product experts.
- Our office in Chennai is brimming with talent right now, and we expect to expand again soon. Globally, we’ll be increasing our footprint by opening more sales offices and hiring more field agents all over the world.
The future looks exciting for Freshdesk. We’ve come a long way since we set out to change the world of customer support five years ago, and from the way I see it, we are just getting started.